You can remove folders only from modifiable retention policies.
- Go to Admin Console > Governance.
- Click the Retention tab.
- Click the name of a modifiable retention policy.
- In the list of folders:
- Hover over the folder row and click Remove at the right end of the row.
- Click to select one or more folder rows, and then click Remove at the top of the table. (You can also use keyboard shortcuts, Shift/Command + click to select multiple rows or Shift/Command + A to select all rows.)
- In the conformation dialog box, click Remove.
The policy is updated immediately.