If you are missing emails from Box, please check your email account's Spam or Junk folder to ensure the message was not filtered. If the message was filtered, you may find an option to 'Mark as good' or 'Add sender to white-list.' This will aid in receiving future emails from Box.
Try these additional steps as needed:
- Check your Spam/Junk email folder. Sometimes, certain email clients do not recognize email from box.com. If you find Box messages in your Spam or Junk folder, add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email contacts, or Safe senders list. This will allow your mail client to recognize Box emails and deliver them to your Inbox.
Here are examples of the "From" field from our email notification:
- From: "Box Updates" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- From: "Box" <email@example.com>
- mailer.box.com (subdomain added March 2014 in place of box-mailer.com)
- Login to your Yahoo! Mail account
- In your Spam folder, click the Box email to select it.
- Then click Not Spam, which is above the list of emails
- If you continue seeing these emails in your Spam folder and want them in a Non-Spam folder, you can set up a filter and send them to any folder you wish. How do I create a filter?.
- Login to your Gmail by Google account
- Click Contacts
- Click the New Contact button in the top-left corner of the Contact Manager
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the email field.
- Click the Add button to save
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 using email@example.com as the new contact
- Alternatively, you can mark a message from Box.com as 'Not Spam,' your Contacts list is automatically updated so that future messages from us are received in your inbox.
Windows Live Hotmail
- Login to your Windows Live Hotmail account
- Go to Options > More options > Junk e-mail > Safe and blocked senders > Safe senders
- Add @box.com to the field labeled: Sender or domain to mark as safe on your Safe senders page and then click the Add to list >> button
- Messages from safe senders and domains will not be sent to the junk e-mail folder.