While Box is compatible with older web browsers, most interface issues encountered are easily resolved by simply updating your browser to the latest version.
Supported Web Browser and OS Versions
- Internet Explorer (IE) -
- Box Notes is only supported on IE10 and IE11, it will not work on earlier versions
- File/Folder Uploading on IE7, IE8, and IE9 requires Adobe Flash (drag and drop uploading not supported).
- Safari -
- Safari on iOS 6 and above for mobile browsers.
- Firefox -
- Chrome -
Browser-Specific Upload Limits
IE applies file-size upload and download limits that supersede Box account-level upload limits.
- Users accessing Box through IE versions 6-8 can only upload files under 2GB in size.
- Users accessing Box through IE versions 9 and 10 can only upload files under 4GB in size.
For more information on IE limits, refer to Microsoft's official documentation.
For more information on Box upload limits, see How Does Box Measure Bandwidth Usage?