You can easily upload files or send attachments to a specific Box folder by email when you enable the Allow uploads to this folder via email option. You can then forward email attachments or send files to the email address generated for that folder to upload your files. If you decide to forward email attachments to the folder, only the attachments will be uploaded, not the content of the message.
- Select the folder you'd like from your account or create a new folder
- Once you're in the folder, click the More button (a), and navigate to Folder Properties > Email Options (b)
- From the Email Options tab in the Folder Properties window (shown below), select the Allow uploads to this folder via email option. A unique email address will be generated for the folder in the field below this option (see section 'a' in the image below):
- You can copy this email address to your clipboard and enter it as a contact in your email address book or simply paste it into the "to" line of an email with attachments. You can also enable settings for the email upload option that will Only allow uploads from collaborators in this folder, or automatically Overwrite same-name files when uploading by email or widget.
- Click Save to apply your settings (see b in the image above).
Please note the following:
- Upload via email only works for file attachments, the body of the email will not be uploaded to Box.
- The cumulative size of the attachments cannot exceed 80MB.
- The folder owner and sender will receive a notification that files were uploaded successfully.
- Collaborators will also receive a notification if upload notifications are enabled for the folder.