You can customize the types of email notifications you receive by modifying the email notification settings in your account. These settings can be adjusted by
- The Box Administrator
- The Box User
- At folder levels
In this way, you can decide what types of activities (e.g. downloads, uploads, previews) you would like to be notified of.
To customize your account-wide email notification settings, please follow the steps below:
- From within your Box account, click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and select "Account Settings"
- Click on the "Notifications" tab
- Under the "Email Notifications" section, select the check-boxes for the specific notifications you would like to receive. There are separate settings for folders you own vs. folders you have joined. Please note you will not receive email notifications for actions you do yourself. The notification settings only apply to actions done by someone else.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save"
- Folder-level Notifications: notifications can be customized at the folder level. To adjust this for a specific folder, navigate to the folder and select Properties > Email Options.
- Administrators and Folder Owners can choose to disable email notifications for their managed users and collaborators. If you are not receiving notification emails, please check with the administrator or folder owner to see if these notifications have been disabled.