A managed user is a Box account that you directly control through your Admin Console. As an admin, you will have the ability to edit, delete, enforce security settings, and run activity reports on these users. Any files that these users upload into folders they own will count against your total storage allocation.
To add a managed user, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account and navigate to the Admin Console
2. Click on the Users icon
3. Click the "+ Users" button
4. The interface will slide down and reveal new user entry fields. Enter the user's name, e-mail address, and storage quota.
5. In the section marked Access Permissions, you can pre-populate the user’s account with folders you own, add the user to groups, and configure their access to the rest of the account (e.g. enable/disable Box Sync or restrict external collaboration).
6. Click Add User to confirm the user’s addition
Once you complete this process, the newly added user will receive an email containing a confirmation link to create a password and log in to their account.
- If you select "Shared Contacts" this user will see all other managed users in their Contacts and Collaborators tab. If you uncheck this box, the user will only see the people they are actively collaborating with, and will need to manually fill their own Contacts list.
- In the Groups section, you can assign the user to a group you have created as a member or as a group admin. Simply select the appropriate access level from the Access Level drop-down menu.
- In the Folder section, you can make the user a collaborator on a folder owned by your account. Simply select a folder from the list and choose an access level from the drop-down menu. If you don’t see the folder you’re looking for on this list, click "Add or Create Folder."
- When you are done, click "Add User"