Can I prevent content from being permanently deleted?
As a Business or Enterprise Admin, you have the ability to control account-wide Trash settings. This will allow you to set the duration that items will remain in the Trash of your managed users accounts before being permanently deleted.
To adjust these settings, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account and navigate to the Admin Console
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select Business/Enterprise Settings from the drop-down menu
- Click the Content & Sharing tab
- Scroll down to the section titled Trash
- Check the box next to “Enable trash”
- From the drop-down menu, select an timeframe (7, 14, 30, 60, 90 days) or choose the option to “Never auto-delete items”
- Click “Save” to confirm this change
- Enabling Trash will provide each of your users their own trash folder. This is recommended so users can retrieve items they may have accidentally deleted.