For Box Enterprise Admins Only
If you're a Box Enterprise admin you will have the ability to login as one of your managed users from the admin console, here's how:
- Login to Box and at the top click 'Admin Console'
- Click the users tab (icon of two people)
- Find the user in question, click their name and instant login as seen here:
The instant login ability is one of the most powerful tools at your disposal as an admin you can use it for actions such as:
- Restoring data that appears in a managed user's trash
- Changing the owner of one of your managed user's folders
- Checking the settings of a user e.g. they say they are not getting email notifications
Keep in mind that all actions you make while logged in as a managed user will be logged as having been done by you in administrative reports.