If you are having problems syncing with Box Sync, here are a few things to consider:
- Some files may not sync, this is usually due to a naming convention that Windows does not support such as (\, /, ", :, <, >, |, *, ?) to sync these files the you will need to log into the web interface and rename the file.
- Box WebDocs will sync to the desktop, but you will not be able to interact with them as .webdoc is not a filetype that Windows understands.
- Please try disabling any firewall or anti-virus software temporarily, as these programs can cause disrupted connection to Box (please note that this may require you to restart your computer). If this solves the problem you may need to configure your software to allow connection to Box.
- Are you using a wireless connection? Please try connecting directly, as weak or intermittent wireless signal can cause conflicts with Desktop Sync Folder.
- Restart the Desktop Sync Folder software- This can be done by right-clicking the icon in your menu bar, and choose "exit". You may then restart the application.
- Please try restarting your computer.
What files cannot be synced?
Some files may not sync, this is usually due to a naming convention that Windows does not support such as (\, /, ", :, <, >, |, *, ?) to sync these files the you will need to log into the web interface and rename the file.
As Box WebDocs are a proprietary Box file which cannot be opened by a native application, they will not sync down to your desktop.
The following filetypes are currently not supported:
- Hidden files
- System files and folders
- Temp files and folders (with extension .tmp)
- Outlook Storage Files (.pst files)
- Box Webdocs (.webdoc files)
- Windows Shortcuts (.lnk files)
- Quickbook files (.QBW, .QBW.ND & .QBW.TLG)
Note: Hidden folders will be synced. Hidden files are not synced.
Can I recover deleted files?
If some files that were being synced accidentally get deleted, you can use Sync's recycle bin feature to restore those files. Simply right-click on the Box Sync icon in your menu bar and choose "Box Recycle Bin." This will take you to a folder on your computer where files deleted from sync are temporarily stored. You can click and drag anything from this folder to your desktop, then back into Box Sync to restore it.