Slow or congested network connections can affect page load times, upload/download speeds, and syncing. To test the speed and health of your Internet connection to Box, follow these steps to run a Connection Diagnostics test from within your Box account:
- Go to app.box.com/settings
- Select the "General" tab
- Under the "Connection Diagnostics" section, click the "Begin Test" button
- This will run a multi-step connection test to see if your connection is at an optimum level. When the test completes, you will see a short summary of test results.
- Please click the Full Report button and then copy and paste the report back to us. We will use this detailed performance report of your connection to our servers for additional troubleshooting.
If the connection diagnostics did not complete, then check your firewall/proxy settings to make sure Box domains are allowed.
In addition, please follow the steps below to compare speeds to servers near to Box:
- Go to http://softlayer-sj.speedtest.net/ and notice there are two buttons. Please be sure to click the right-hand "Begin Test" Your Preferred Server button.
- When the test completes, you will be shown a report of your Ping, Download speed, and Upload speed in megabits per second (Mbps).
- Click the "SHARE THIS RESULT" button
- Click the "COPY" button and save the link
- Perform a 2nd test at https://www.sonic.com/speedtest and click Begin Test button
- When the test completes click the "SHARE THIS RESULT" button
If you end up creating a case with Box Support, please be sure to include these results by copying the test links. Use the "SHARE THIS RESULT" button.