Box for IBM Connections Overview and FAQs
IBM Connections is the market leading enterprise social software platform that helps people engage with networks of expertise in the context of critical business processes. Connections' open platform provides capabilities to integrate your IBM or 3rd party solutions to extend your enterprise social software platform, or surface important social data and insights in the context of your business process in order to act with confidence or anticipate and respond to emerging opportunities.
Key capabilities of the platform include:
- Activity Streams - A list of recent, relevant social and integrated business process activities occurring in your personal network or community, allowing you to view and take action quickly on content and events in context, without navigating to another process or application.
- Integrated email and calendar - Access both IBM Lotus Domino and Microsoft ® Exchange messaging services from your social environment.
- Social Analytics - Access a comprehensive set of analytics for Connections components in the form of reports and recommendations. Eliminate guesswork by discovering trends in content, social activity and expertise for better decision-making.
- Mobility - Access all of your Connections data from mobile browsers and free native apps.
Box for IBM Connections leverages Box Embed, a robust HTML5 technology, to enable you to store, share or access content in Box from within the Connections environment – helping you get work done faster and be more efficient. Your team can collaborate on documents or presentations, then share them externally with customers, suppliers or partners for easy access from any device.
What does the integration allow me to do?
- When an IBM Connections user opens the Box Embed framework, they can leverage the HTML5 tools to:
- Navigate through their entire Box account
- Drag and drop files for quick uploading
- Preview content in Box from within IBM Connections
- Leverage over 200 Box apps
- Use Box Edit to update documents in Box from within IBM Connections
- Comment, share and assign tasks on a document
- Plus more – all the functionality of Box is available within Box Embed
How do I get Box for IBM Connections?