LG 50GB Promotion FAQs
What are the offer details?
- Any new Box user will receive a free 50GB account when they download and log into Box for Android on any LG Android device. Existing Box users will receive the upgrade when they log into Box for Android on their device.
- The offer is valid from through 9/30/14.
What devices qualify for the 50GB upgrade?
- All LG Android devices worldwide, including phones and tablets. Sample devices include: LG DoublePlay C729, LG Esteem MS910, LG Optimus and LG G-Slate.
How do I get my 50GB?
- If you’re brand new to Box, you’ll need to download the app from your Android device. Open the app once the download is complete, and sign up for a free Box account. After the sign up is complete, log into your account from the device. Your upgrade should be complete and you’ll see a confirmation message.
- If you already have an older version of the Box app on your Android device, you just need to sign into your account on your device and the upgrade should be complete. Note that this promotion is only for free Box Personal accounts; if you are a Business, Enterprise or paid Personal customer you do not qualify for this promotion.
So how long will I get the 50GB? Will my account ever be downgraded to 5GB?
- Once you get your 50GB Box account, you’ll never be downgraded. The limited part of this promotion is that you only have until September 30, 2014 to get the upgrade; once you have it, the space is yours for the life of the account.
Should I deactivate my Box account and activate a new one to get the 50GB?
- No, you don’t need to deactivate and activate a new account. Just log into your account from the device.
What if I already deactivated my account?
- If you have deactivated your account, it will need to be turned on again by our support team. Contact support at support.box.com.
What should I do if I accidentally registered with the wrong email address?
- If you accidentally signed up with a ‘bad’ email address – one you don’t have access to – you’ll have to sign up for a new account using the correct address.
- If you used an email address that you have access to, but would prefer a different address, you can make the switch easily in your account settings on the Box site.
What if I already have a paid Box Personal account? Can I get the 50GB upgrade?
- If you already have a paid Box Personal account, you can choose to downgrade your account in order to get the 50GB of storage. Please note that you will lose some of the added features from the paid account, including a 1GB upload limit, folder downloads, password-protected links, version history, etc. In order to downgrade to the free account, please contact support at 1-877-729-4269.
If I already have a 50GB account from another promotion, do I get 50GB more of storage?
- We’re excited you’ve already taken advantage of one of our other promotions, but unfortunately the 50GB upgrade is one time only.
I got the 50GB upgrade, but does that mean I only have the extra space for my Android phone or tablet?
- Now that you have a 50GB Box account, you have access to that space from anywhere, on any device. It is not limited to your Xperia Android device – access your 50GB of content from anywhere you use Box.
Where can I get more information?