Box Edit is a free download that lets Windows and Mac users edit content directly on Box using the native applications installed on their computer. If you can edit it on your desktop –Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, iMovie, you name it – you can edit it on Box.
With Box Edit, you can:
- Edit files quickly: Open a file directly from the preview page on Box, make edits instantly and save the new version back to Box.
- Forget about file types: PSD files, presentations, images, CAD drawings, Illustrator files – any file you can edit on your computer's desktop you can now edit without leaving Box.
- Install once: Download and install Box Edit once and it'll work on all your browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer (Windows) and Safari (Mac).
- Edit and access information without having to keep a local copy on your device.
How to install Box Edit:
- Visit https://cloud.box.com/download-box-edit/ and download the appropriate installer for your computer, or select “edit” from Box to launch the installer
- Restart your browser.
- On Box preview pages, click Edit File to edit in your native applications.