Box Edit is a free download that lets Windows and Mac users edit content directly on Box using the native applications installed on their computer. If you can edit it on your desktop – Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, iMovie, you name it – you can edit it on Box.
With Box Edit, you can:
- Edit files quickly: Open a file directly from the preview page on Box, make edits instantly and save the new version back to Box automatically.
- Forget about file types: PSD files, presentations, images, CAD drawings, Illustrator files – any file you can edit on your computer's desktop you can now edit without leaving Box.
- Install once: Download and install Box Edit once and it'll work on all your browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer (Windows) and Safari (Mac).
- Edit and access information without having to keep a local copy on your device.
How to Install Box Edit:
- Visit https://cloud.box.com/download-box-edit/ and download the appropriate installer for your computer.\
- Go to https://www.box.com/services/browse/search/box_edit and add it to enable editing in preview.
- Restart your browser.
- On Box preview pages, an Edit File button replaces the Upload button for compatible files. Click Edit File to edit in your native applications.
Figure 1: Box Edit uses the default application associated with the file type on your operating system.
Previous: Share Securely