You can create different file types or folders directly from your Box account. Right-click in the Files and Folders screen or select one of the options from the dropdown menu revealed when you click the New button in the top-left corner. Click on one of the links below to read more about creating items in your Box account:
- Click the New button or right-click in the Files and Folders screen
- Select New Folder from the dropdown menu
- Enter a name in the Folder Name field
- You can select to either keep the folder private or invite collaborators. If you would like to invite collaborators, enter their names or email addresses in the field and select the access level they will have:
- Click Okay
Understanding Folder Icons
- If a collaborated folder is owned by you, Box displays Owner next to this folder icon:
- If a synced collaborated folder is owned by you, Box displays Owner next to this synced folder icon:
- For external folders, Box displays the name of the external owner:
- If the owner is a free user with no enterprise, Box displays Owned externally next to the folder icon.
- Using Box Bookmarks
- Creating a New Google Docs Spreadsheet
- How Do I Change the Owner of a Folder?
- How Do I Transfer Folder Ownership to Another Collaborator?