To ensure a smooth transition to Box, be sure to clean up your files and folders before migrating.
1. Clean Up
- Your transition to Box is a great opportunity to do some house cleaning and start fresh with a well-organized and concise folder structure. Determine what data is still business-relevant to upload to Box and leave legacy or unimportant data on read-only storage devices.
- It’s extremely important that you organize your folders based on Box Permissions.
2. Identify Your Migration Method and Make Sure Your File/Folder Names are Supported on Box
- Please visit here to see if you need to rename certain files/folders.
3. Use "A Better Finder Rename" to Quickly Rename Your Files/Folders
- Mac: http://www.publicspace.net/ABetterFinderRename/
- Windows: http://www.publicspace.net/windows/BetterFileRename/
4. Start Moving Content Onto Box!