Box Sync is a productivity tool that allows you to mirror data stored on Box to your desktop. You can then navigate and modify content stored on the Box website through your computer’s native file browsing interface, without using a web browser. Content that syncs down to your computer are available for offline access. If you make changes to the synced files locally, these changes automatically sync back up to your Box account.
Box Sync 4.0 currently requires the following:
- OS X 10.8
- OS X 10.9
- OS X 10.10
- HFS or HFS+ formatted hard drive
Download Box Sync
Please download the installer and follow the instructions detailed in this article.
Choose Content to Sync
Once Box Sync is installed, you can start syncing content from Box.com to your computer by doing the following:
- Add files and folders to the Box Sync folder on your computer. These additions will automatically be uploaded/synced with your account on Box.com.
- Navigate to your Box.com account and select the folders you want to sync by following the below steps. Please note that you must have Editor Access or higher to use Box Sync on a folder!
- Right click on the file you’d like to sync to your computer.
- Select "Sync Folder to Computer".
- Click the Sync Folder button to begin syncing to your computer.
- You should see a blue icon with white arrows appear beside the folder to designate it as a folder that’s syncing back and forth to your Box Sync folder.
Utilizing Box Sync
Once you’ve chosen the files that you want to sync back and forth between Box.com and your local computer, you can edit files either in your Box Sync folder, or on Box.com. When you make a change to a file that’s located in your Box Sync folder, that change will also be reflected on Box.
It’s your choice-- any changes you make in either location will be in sync!