What is Box Edit?
- Box Edit allows you to edit any file type (Office, CAD, Photoshop) directly from your web browser.
- Box Edit opens each file in its native desktop application. Make your changes, hit save, and the file will automatically be saved back to Box.
- Ever saved a file with Version 1, Version 2… at the end of a file name? You will never have to do that again.
- Box Edit tracks your version history for you, so you don’t have to worry about saving as “file V1” or “file V2” to preserve past versions
- In Box, the newest version is displayed but you have the ability to pull old versions
How Do I Get Started?
- Download and install Box Edit here. Once installed, navigate to a file in Box that you would like to edit.
- Click the pencil icon from the preview screen.
- The document will open in its native application. Make your changes, hit Save, and your document is automatically saved back to Box!
- There’s no need to ‘Save As’ because your version history is recorded right there for you in Box.
Tool Tip: Watch for the Pop-Up on the Right Of Your Screen!
- When you save the file back to Box through Box Edit, wait for the "File is saved to Box" pop-up window to appear on the left-hand side of the screen indicating that the new version has successfully saved back to Box – then you are good to go!