IE Support for Box Upload Widget
- IE 7, 8, and 9 support for our Box Upload Widget will end on June 30th - in order for users to continue using the Upload Widget, they will need to upgrade to the latest IE version.
"Email This Group" Group Management Feature
- We will deprecate the "Email This Group" feature from the Admin Console's Groups Management tab on July 31, 2015. The envelope icon in each row of the Groups Management page will be removed for a more streamlined UI. We will not replace this email functionality in-app.
File Flash Embed Widget
We will no longer support the Flash File Embed Widget as of July 31, 2015. Users will be able to leverage a new single file embed widget that will support Flash files.
Users who have embedded content using the Flash File Embed Widget will need to generate a new shared link using the new single file embed widget code and re-embed that code snippet into their website.
To identify if your file embed code is using Flash, check the following: the link uses embed (rather than iframe), the link has the type set to 'application/x-shockwave-flash', and the source file ends in .swf.
Flash embed example: <embed width="466" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="https://app.box.com/******.swf" wmode="opaque" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">
Non-flash embed example: <iframe src="https://app.box.com/**********" width="500" height="400" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
- If a user has not updated the shared link, the URL will be broken and the content will not be accessible. Box will not be able to generate an updated link with the new widget on behalf of the user. We encourage affected users to generate a new shared link from the embed tab of the 'share file' window and update their embedded content as soon as possible.
"Newsletter" Email Notification Setting
- We will remove the "Newsletter" setting at the user-level under Account Settings > Notifications and the enterprise-level under Enterprise Settings > Notifications > Email Settings) on July 31, 2015.
- The setting is enabled by default and available at the user-level so that individuals can opt into the email update, if disabled at the enterprise-level. We acknowledge that some Box admins prefer to control direct messaging to their users and do not have current plans to replace the setting.
Email Newsletter Setting: User-Level (Account Settings > Notifications > General Emails):
Email Newsletter Setting: Enterprise-Level (Enterprise Settings > Notifications > Email Settings):
Box Sync 3
We in December 2013 and began notifying customers in July 2014 that we would end support for Box Sync 3 on June 30, 2015.
To upgrade from Sync 3 to Sync 4, follow this . Sync 3 users will see an in-application reminder to upgrade to Sync 4, so long as they have not opted out of in-application notifications. We have also sent separate email communication to admins on accounts with active Sync 3 users to notify them of the EOL and upgrade steps.
Users that haven't upgraded to the latest Sync 4 by June 30, 2015 will be logged out of their desktop Sync client and see an error message. They will not be able to log in until they upgrade.
We acquired the premier HTML5 document embedding service, Crocodoc, in May 2013 and subsequently integrated our technologies with the Box View API in March 2014.
We are nearing full feature parity between Crocodoc and Box View, at which point we plan to deprecate the Crocodoc service. Crocodoc service will continue as normal in the interim, and we will remain in close communication with our Crocodoc customers to ensure a smooth transition.
Crocodoc customers interested in getting started with Box View and/or leveraging our Crocodoc to Box View migration tool should .