Box is committed to providing a simple and compelling experience for all users. We work closely with our Accessibility Advisory Board and partner with WebAIM for accessibility consultation to provide an excellent user experience for those who require an accessible Box application because of a physical disability or for any other reason.
Box meets Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) Level AA compliance on its web app. This means that you can use your screen reader directly on the web app with no admin or tech support needed.
You can read more about accessibility on the web app in Accessibility.
For further information on accessibility on the Box web app, you can always contact our Box User Services team.
- What are the available features for app.box.com?
- Does app.box.com support screen readers?
- Does app.box.com provide keyboard access?
- Does app.box.com provide low vision color contrast?
- How can I get more information about accessibility at Box?
What are the available features for app.box.com?
All Box features are available in app.box.com.
Some of the features include preview and download access to files and folders, sharing and configuring links to files and folders, adding and managing collaborators, viewing and making comments, and managing files and folders.
All Box pages include the Skip to main content button for keyboard and screen reader users. To use this function, press the Tab key from the top of any page. The button appears at the top of the screen.
Does app.Box support screen readers?
app.box.com is intended to work with the leading screen reading technology providers, including VoiceOver. Screen readers attempt to identify and interpret what is being displayed on the screen and convey that information through text-to-speech to users who are visually impaired.
Does app.box.com provide keyboard access?
app.box.com provides keyboard accessibility, which enables you to use your keyboard exclusively (with no mouse) for improved interactions with the Box UI.
app.box.com enables keyboard accessibility through the following additional features:
- Removal of all menu items that are enabled with mouse 'hovering'.
- Re-ordering of all menu structures to maintain a logical reading order.
- Enabling of visible focus, which helps people with visual or other print-related disabilities have a clear indicator of where they are on a page.
- Providing a shortcut that enables user to immediately 'skip to content' they are trying to view, letting them bypass repeated menu elements.
Does app.box.com provide low vision color contrast?
app.box.com is designed with low vision and color-blind user needs in mind. app.box.com allows for text resizing, with up to 200% magnification. The site has also been tested for color contrast, with contrast ratios set at a minimum of 4.5:1.
How can I get more information about accessibility at Box?
Contact Box's Product Support Team to receive additional information or to provide feedback.
If you are an Admin of a Box instance, you can enable Box's Accessibility Site in the Admin Console: