- Creation of a policy
- Termination/retiring of a policy
- Changes to name or description of a policy
- Application of a policy to any relevant file version
- Deletion of files as part of an end-of-policy disposition action
- And so on.
To generate a retention policy report
- From your Admin Console, go to Governance > Retention.
- Hover over the row of the retention policy you want, and then click Report.
- At the prompt, click Generate.
Note: If the status of your report does not update in 24 hours, or has been in a Pending status for 24 hours, please contact Product Support.
When Box finishes compiling, it outputs the data into an .xls file and places the completed report into your Box Reports folder. Each report provides basic information about the retention policy, including:
- Policy Name
- Policy Status
- Policy Type
- Policy Time Period
- Policy Disposition Action
- Policy Created Date
And for each file listed, the report displays:
- Parent Folder Path
- Parent Folder Path ID
- File Name
- File ID
- File Version ID
- Disposition Date