- Creation of a policy
- Termination/retiring of a policy
- Changes to name or description of a policy
- Application of a policy to any relevant file version
- Deletion of files as part of an end-of-policy disposition action
- And so on.
To generate a retention policy report
- From your Admin Console, go to Reports.
- From the Retention row, click Report.
- At the prompt, click Export.
When Box finishes compiling, it outputs the data into an .xls file and places the completed report into your Box Reports folder. Each report provides basic information about the retention policy, including:
- Policy Name
- Policy Status
- Policy Type
- Policy Time Period
- Policy Disposition Action
- Policy Created Date
And for each file listed, the report displays:
- Parent Folder Path
- Parent Folder Path ID
- File Name
- File ID
- File Version ID
- Disposition Date