By default, Relay Lite is enabled only for your Box admins and co-admins and disabled for everyone else. As an admin or co-admin, you can in turn:
- Enable Relay Lite for everyone in your organization.
- Enable Relay Lite only for individuals you designate (that is, creating an Allow List).
- Enable Relay Lite for everyone except individuals you designate (that is, creating a Deny list).
People you enable can create workflows on any folder they own, co-own, or edit.
To enable Box Relay Lite for your managed users:
- From your admin console, go to Enterprise Settings > Content and Sharing tab.
- Scroll down to the Relay Lite section.
- Click Configure. The Configure Relay Lite box displays.
- Click the option you want.
- If you enable Relay Lite for select users, or for everyone except select users, type in the user names or email addresses of the individuals you wish to single out.
- You can enter up to 100 user names or email addresses. More than that, and you must enable or disable Relay Lite for your entire organization.
- Click Save to return to the Relay Lite section.
- Choose whether to allow folder editors to define and launch workflows. To do this, in the Relay Lite Settings section, click either Owners/co-owners or Owners/co-owners and editors. Then click Save.
- If you change the setting to the more restrictive configuration (Owners/co-owners), Box displays a reminder that any existing active workflows created by an editor continue to run as expected and continue to display in the All Workflows page. If you want to deactivate them, you can do so in your Relay Lite Admin Console view.
- Whether by default folder editors can create workflows depends on when you licensed Relay. Review the setting to verify it's what you want.
For the people you enable, a link to Relay Lite displays in the lefthand navigation of their Box Web app home page.
- You can enable Relay Lite only for individual Box Managed User accounts. You cannot enable Relay Lite for external users, or for user groups.
- If an individual who has created workflows leaves the organization, you can transfer their workflows and their content to someone else. To do this, from your Admin Console, navigate to Users and Groups, select the user you want to delete, and then go to the User Account Details section to delete the user and transfer their content and workflows.