If you're having trouble with "Upload Folders" in Box on Windows 7+ with IE, you will first want to make sure Java is allowed to run when using the function.
- Try Upload Folders. It should show confirmation dialogs for:
- the accompanying certificate has been verified, and
- request permission to install the certificate and Run the application
In Internet Explorer click "Allow" to let the folder uploader launch:
Click Run on the Java popup dialog:
If the steps above don't resolve the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Java:
- Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Find "Java" in the list and Uninstall it
- Remain in Control Panel > Folder Options > Click the "View" tab > and add a "check-mark" in the option: "Show hidden files, folders". Click OK
- Go to My Computer > Hard Disk Drive C: > Users > Your Username > AppData > LocalLow
For example: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\
- Look for and delete any "Sun" folder (which contains a copy of the certificate verification details)
- Also, delete any "Java" folder (although there is unlikely to be one if the uninstall worked in step 1).
- Go to Control Panel > Folder Options > Click the "View" tab > and remove the "check-mark" in the option: "Show hidden files, folders". Click OK
- Restart computer.
- Install the latest version of Java.
- Now try Upload Folders.