With the Adobe Sign integration, you can send PDF documents to collaborators for their signatures straight from Box's Preview window.
This integration is enabled by default. Enterprise administrators can disable the integration in their Admin Console. See Enterprise Settings for more information.
Adobe Sign functionality may vary depending on your Adobe license.
You must have either an Adobe ID or a Google account to use this integration. Users with a Google account or free Adobe account are limited to a total of five sent documents.
To send a document for signature:
- In your Box account's window, click the document's name. Box displays the document in the preview window.
- In the right-hand side of the window, in the recommended apps strip click Adobe Sign.
- Grant Adobe Sign access to your Box account.
- Log in with your Adobe ID or Google account.
- The Adobe Sign integration opens in a new window. Enter the email address(es) of the person or people whose signature you require. You can also choose to set a password that the recipient must input in order to access the document.
- If you check Preview, position signatures or add form fields, you can add or re-position the signature field on the document. You can also add additional form fields.
- Click Send.
After you send the document for signatures, the Activity pane in the right side of the document's preview window displays a notice indicating when the document was sent.
The document's Activity pane also displays a notice when all signatures have been collected. For security purposes, Box does not display the names of those who've signed, only that all recipients have signed.
To display the Activity pane: in the right side of the preview window, click the dialog bubble.