The Box Notes desktop application lets you access all your Box Notes right from your desktop, while providing the same concurrent editing and collaboration experience as the web application.
Note: If you are an admin who needs to install the Box Notes desktop application on multiple Windows machines, see Large Scale Deployments - Box Notes.
- Mac: OS 10.11 (El Capitan) or 10.12 (Sierra)
- Windows: Windows 7 or higher (either 32 or 64 bit), .NET 4.5 or higher
If you are using a firewall, we suggest you allowlist the URLs listed in this article: Configuring a Firewall for Box Applications
To install the Box Notes desktop application:
- Download the Box Notes installer here: www.box.com/notes/download
- Follow the installer's instructions to complete installation
- Open the Box Notes application by double clicking the icon.
The Box Notes desktop application has the same interface and all the functionality of the web application. For information on using the Box Notes desktop app, see any of the other articles in this section.