CRITICAL ALERT FOR CUSTOMERS RUNNING BOX FOR ORACLE NETSUITE V0.1.0 -- you are at risk of losing critical bundle data and we urge you to file a ticket with Box Product Support for upgrade assistance. THIS ALERT APPLIES ONLY TO CUSTOMERS RUNNING BOX FOR ORACLE NETSUITE V0.1.0. If you are running any other version, you can upgrade safely at any time. Please see .
A video walkthrough of the end-to-end process w/ commentary is available here.
Box for Oracle NetSuite augments or replaces the NetSuite File Cabinet, bringing the robust content management capabilities of Box right to the NetSuite interface. Joint NetSuite/Box customers can organize all content associated with a record into individual Box folders. They can then access those documents directly from Box.
This article details the first steps in connecting NetSuite with Box. It includes the procedures Admins must follow to:
- Install the Box SuiteApp Bundle in NetSuite
- Connect your NetSuite instance with your Box corporate account
To install the Box for Oracle NetSuite integration, you must be both:
- A NetSuite Admin with SuiteApp Bundle Installation privileges; and
- A Box Admin (or co-admin with the proper permissions) with the following:
- access to your company's Box Enterprise ID (EID)
- the ability to authorize applications in the admin console
- access to the content manager
More information if you're upgrading from an earlier integration of Box for NetSuite.
Installing the Box SuiteApp Bundle in NetSuite
If you are already using an earlier version of the Box for Oracle NetSuite integration, we strongly recommend you first install the newer version of the integration. After it is fully installed and configured, if you wish you can then uninstall the earlier version to minimize any end user confusion.
To Install the Box SuiteApp Bundle in NetSuite
- In NetSuite, on the global dashboard, follow this path to go to the SuiteApp Bundle Installer: Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles.
- In the search box, enter Box for Oracle NetSuite to ensures the integration displays in the search results.
- Click Box for Oracle NetSuite. The bundle record opens, and you can view details of the Bundle, including the 6 custom records that are created with the installation.
- Click Install.
- When prompted, click OK. The Installed Bundle screen displays.
The Box for Oracle NetSuite bundle status is pending. Installation takes approximately 10 minutes.
Shortly after you initiate the installation, the status changes from Pending... to Executing...
When the installation completes successfully – approximately 10 minutes later – the status display changes to a green check mark.
Congratulations! You’ve finished installing the Box for Oracle NetSuite bundle. However, the integration itself is not yet complete. Now you must associate your NetSuite instance with your Box enterprise.
If you encounter issues with the bundle installation, please contact NetSuite support.
Setting up and connecting your NetSuite instance to your Box enterprise
This is a two-part process.
- Part 1: In NetSuite, record your Box Enterprise ID and (if applicable) your custom sub-domain
- Part 2: In Box, authorize the Box-for-NetSuite application
PART 1: To record your Box Enterprise details
- In NetSuite, follow this path to go to your list of record types:
Customization > Lists, Records & Fields > Record Types.
The Box for Oracle NetSuite bundle installs 6 new custom record objects.
To display just these 6 new record types, towards the top of the list click Filters, and in the From Bundle box type in the Box bundle ID (234796).
The table below explains each of the six new record types.
Box Record Type
Box Account Association
Stores the mapping between the individual NetSuite user and the individual Box user. Everyone on NetSuite who also uses Box has a record inside this Box Account Association.
Box Folder Collaborations
Tracks Box permissions and collaborations on NetSuite-Box folders.
Box Integration Config
The primary configuration file for the integration. Contains details about your Box Enterprise instance (EID, subdomain, Box Verified Enterprise, and so on), which is critical for connecting your NetSuite instance to your Box instance.
Box Record Folder
Stores the mapping between NetSuite records and Box folders.
Box Record Type Config
Contains the integration configuration for each NetSuite record type. Here is where you enable and customize Box integration settings. Completing this step enables the Box Content option to display in the corresponding NetSuite record screen.
Box Type Folder
Contains the mapping of NetSuite record types to Box folders. Here is where you can specify a parent folder for the NetSuite object and Box parent folders.
- Connect your Box instance. To do this, click List to the right of Box Integration Config.
- When the Box Integration Config List displays, click Edit.
- Get your Box EID. To do this, log in to Box as the admin (or co-admin) of your Box Enterprise.
- In Box, click Account & Billing.
- Write down your Box EID.
- Now get your Box company subdomain (if you have one). To do this, in your Admin Console click Enterprise Settings, and then click the Custom Setup tab.
- Write down your subdomain.
- Return to NetSuite.
- In NetSuite, in the Box Integration Config record, in the ENTERPRISE ID field, paste your Box EID.
- Type in your BOX SUBDOMAIN.
- Check BOX VERIFIED ENTERPRISE, if appropriate.
- Click Save.
Note: If you're not certain whether you are a Box Verified Enterprise, please contact your Box account rep or Box support.
If you're installing this integration over an earlier version, you'll return to this screen later to configure the migration from v1 to v2.
Part 2: To enable the NetSuite v2 custom application
IMPORTANT: Before you enable the NetSuite v2 custom application, you should temporarily lift any New User Default Settings around Storage Allocation for new users.
When you enable the Netsuite v2 custom application in your enterprise, it will automatically create a special kind of new user for you called an . This user is subject to any New User Default Settings you have enabled for users, so you will want to provide unlimited storage for this Automation User before creating them so they can hold all of your Netsuite documents.
To modify this New User Default Setting, you'd log in to Box as an admin or co-admin with the proper permissions, then navigate to Admin Console > Enterprise Settings > User Settings, then check the box for Unlimited Storage under the Storage Allocation setting on that page. Then, you made process with approving the Box for Oracle Netsuite app in your Box Admin Console; just don't forget to return to this page and change the Storage Allocation back to your original setting!
- In Box, follow this path to display your Box Apps and Integrations screen:
Admin Console > Apps.
- Click the Custom Apps tab, and then click Authorize New App.
- When the App Authorization Window opens, enter the Client ID (pl0vgv5rriv0o4pzqmwy0dlkao2cleat) and click Next.
- The next prompt provides information on the access level of the NetSuite application in your Box instance. Click Authorize.
The Box for Oracle NetSuite application is now added to your Box Custom Applications list.
It’s done! Your NetSuite instance and Box enterprise are successfully connected, and you’ve completed the integration installation.
If you have installed this over an earlier version of this integration, proceed to enabling a migration path.
Otherwise, it’s time to enable the integration and set up the default folder structure.
Note: If your Box enterprise has disabled all unpublished applications by default, you must add the NetSuite application to your allow list. You may have to add Box for Teams to your allow list. To review and, if necessary, modify this setting, from your Admin Console navigate to Enterprise Settings > Apps. Scroll down to the Third Party Applications section. If Unpublished Applications is checked, then in the Except for: box, enter the same API Key (also known as "Client ID") you used in the custom applications section -- pl0vgv5rriv0o4pzqmwy0dlkao2cleat . Then click Save.