Connecting your v1 and v2 folders
The Box for NetSuite v2 root folder is owned by a system-generated account called a service account. For the passive migration to occur, you must add this service account's email address as a co-owner on your v1 root folder.
Note: The procedure below applies only to Business+ and higher Box accounts. If yours is a Business account or lower, please contact support.
To locate this email address:
- In the Admin Console's left menu, click Content. Box displays the Content Manager page.
- In the left pane, click Users and locate the account name Box-for-Netsuite.
- Right-click Box-for-Netsuite, then select Login into user's account. Box logs you in as AutomationUser.
- In the top-right corner of the account window, click the account icon and select Account Settings.
- In the Account tab, scroll down to the Login and Email Addresses section. The email address is under Default Email Address, and is in the format AutomationUser_613333_xxx@boxdevedition.com (the "xxx" represents the last alphanumeric string, which varies by Box EID. Below is an example.)
Configuring your Migration Settings
During installation, admins can opt to enable migration of existing Box folders to the new v2 root folder. But enabling the migration does NOT automatically move ALL existing Box folders; this is not a mass migration tool. Rather, Box uses a “passive migration” method. This means that folders associated with a pre-existing NetSuite record do not move until one of your users accesses them. When someone does access one of these folders, only then does Box automatically move that folder from the old, flatter v1 root folder to your new NetSuite nested root folder, under the corresponding record type parent folder. This “passive migration” essentially means that, over time, your original root folder ultimately becomes an archive folder; as people access active files and folders during the course of their jobs, those files and folders move out and reorganize into the new nested structure.
This also means, with the installation of the new Box for Oracle NetSuite bundle, admins have two root folders – a v1 and a v2. Examine both Move v1 Content to v2 and Upgraded from v1 periodically. Over time you will see only the v2 root folder contains active folders and files.
To begin enabling the migration, in NetSuite, click Customization > List, Record, and Fields > Record Types to display the Record Types screen.
The screen now displays a table listing all the record types the integration recognizes by default. Click List.
The Box Integration Config record displays. Click Edit.
A new Box Intgration Config screen displays.
Due to technical limitations of the NetSuite Lead-to-Customer conversion process, the following record types do not passively migrate:
- Prospect records
- Customer records
Unfortunately, you must manually migrate the associated Box folders of these records from the v1 to v2 folder structure.
You can manually migrate Customer and Prospect records either by starting in NetSuite or by starting in Box.
To migrate starting in NetSuite:
- In NetSuite, go to the desired NetSuite record you want to migrate.
- Go to the Box content sub-tab and click Default. This creates a new Box folder for this record in the v2 folder structure.
- In Box, locate the previously associated v1 folder and move its contents into the v2 folder that you created in Step 2, above.
Detailed steps on how to install the Box for Oracle NetSuite bundle.
Detailed steps on how to set up and enable the Box for Oracle NetSuite integration.