In this release we have included the following enhancements:
- Auto-update on Launch (Mac Only) - If Box Drive detects an update is available while it is starting up, it will automatically apply the update without requiring end user actions. This is currently limited to Mac only. We will be adding this functionality in a future release to Windows. This functionality will not take effect until the next release.
- Slight UI updates in our feedback dialog to make it more user friendly.
- Slight text updates in our logout dialog to call out that offline files and preferences will be deleted.
We have also resolved the following bugs:
- File & folder icons in offline folders were not displaying quickly. We have improved performance, though will continue to make improvements in future releases.
- After locking a file in Box Drive, the locked file icon was not displaying quickly.
- Users who did not have Mark for Offline enabled were incorrectly being logged out after they started the application while they are offline and remained offline for a few hours.
- Specific atomic save patterns in applications such as Mendeley Desktop were causing Box Drive to become out of sync with local and server changes.
- Attempting to edit read-only files with applications such as textEdit that use a specific atomic save were resulting in a crash.
- When saving .story files with Storyline 360, users were seeing an error indicating the file was locked. Now the file will correctly save locally and then upload once the application has closed and unlocked the file.
- Renaming an online only folder that has an offline parent incorrectly resulted in marking that online only folder as available offline.