- While our initial goal was to support this public beta on macOS 11.5, we recently discovered a critical system issue that affects macOS 11.5. Given this, the public beta will not be supported on macOS 11.5. The critical issue identified is that folders in the root are sometimes duplicated with a conflict name on first run. These conflict folders are identifiable by the postfix conflict tag (username in parenthesis) in the folder name. These conflict folders are empty. Subsequent usage will not create conflict folders. Workaround: Remove conflict folders at root.
- For Box accounts with a lot of files, you may see this dialog come up when trying to open up the Box folder for the very first time:
Workaround: Click "Continue Waiting" and wait. The Box folder will load shortly.
- Files marked for offline use will be re-downloaded once on initial startup, even if the files haven't changed. This is a one-time occurrence on the first restart of Box Drive. On subsequent restarts of Box Drive, the files will not be re-downloaded again. This issue will be fixed in GA.
- Cached files migrated from the previously version of Box Drive to this public beta version may not show the correct "downloaded" system icon. Workaround: After the file is accessed, the system icon will correct itself to show the "downloaded" state. This issue will be fixed in GA.
- Working with 0 byte files could lead to a crash. Workaround: Re-launch Drive and the issue should resolve itself. This issue will be fixed in GA.
- The MFO icon on package file icons sometimes shows MFO'ed before the package file finishes downloading. Workaround: Use the icon on the package file's parent folder to determine if the package file is MFO'ed. This issue will be fixed in GA.
- Large folders with >20k items (including subfolders) will not load completely for users running macOS12 beta 5 and beta 6. The folder will populate with 19999 items. The remainder will not appear. This behavior avoids a system limitation which causes a crash when loading 20k items. If you add a new item to a folder with >20k items the new item will not upload. If a missing item in the folder is edited remotely it will not appear locally. You are able to use Box search to find missing items but cannot open them. MFO'd folders with 20k items are similarly impacted and will not MFO all items. Folders with fewer than 20k items are not impacted. We are working to resolve this issue for our GA release.
- If you've created any Favorites with your Box Drive folders, you will need to recreate them once you install the beta (unfortunately, they will not carry over even though we support data migration of all other data).