We left our hearts in Chicago!
We had a terrifically active Box User Group event in The Windy City on May 10. Despite the rain, amazing IT professionals showed up to network, hear from American Family Insurance and share best practices. There were such great conversations that two among you spoke up after the event to take a leadership role from here on out.
Box Local in Chicago will truly be a peer-owned and peer-operated event series! Stay tuned for more updates on this.
To respect the privacy of attendees and of information shared in the room, we won't share detail notes on this public forum. Please email email@example.com with specific questions and follow ups.
With that said, here are some high-level topics discussed at the Box User Group in Chicago:
- Delivering content where users are: On Macs, on mobile - iPads and in different apps (like Salesforce)
- Consolidating content repositories, across geographies and from different platforms
- Different department / use cases for Box: Insurance agents in the field, sales teams, attorneys on-the-go, chemist working external researchers, procurement teams working with vendors and contractors, marketing teams and more
- Box Notes use cases and adoption best practices
- Box User Group is getting rebranded to Box Local to better represent the spirit of these IT professional events
Attendees: This thread is your way of continuing the conversation from our in-person event.
Action 1: First and foremost, subscribe to the "Chicago" label so you will receive updates about future Box Local events in Chicago and recaps like this. You have to be logged into Box Community to see / select "Subscribe". See notification details here about managing your subscriptions.
Action 2: When posting comments below, we recommend you post your name and what company you are with. This way your peers and other attendees can @mention you on the community to ask you a question or have an online conversation here.
Please also post in the comments below if you:
- Have (a) question(s) about what we discussed on day-of
- Have another question you want to pose to your peers
- Have follow up material that you could share on what we talked about
- Have feedback on the May 10 event or recommendations for the next event
- ... and other thoughts!
Action 3: If you haven't already, look for the post-event email from "The Box Team" and complete the survey. This is how we can improve these in-person gatherings for you.
As we talked about during our event, Box Local will only work if you all contribute to it - if you share your experience with others and also ask questions to others! We are pointing all attendees to this post, so let the conversation continue! The power to keep this going is in your hands.
We are also starting to plan for our next Box Local event in Chicago. If you are interested in attending, speaking or hosting, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chi-Town, looking forward to our next event!
Please sign in to leave a comment.