Box User Group in San Francisco may have happened on May 3, but the excitement from the group continues!
I have heard from several attendees that they are taking action based on some of the conversations we had that day. That tells me that conversations in that room was relevant, actionable and also interesting enough that you are doing something with it. Nice job, everyone! Thank you again for the wisdom, experiences and best practices you shared!
To respect the privacy of attendees and of information shared in the room, we won't share detailed notes on this public forum. Please email email@example.com with specific questions and follow ups.
With that said, here are some high-level topics discussed at the Box User Group in San Francisco:
- Automation is a major focus for many and some are exploring with Box, including how something like Box Relay could help to streamline coordination for Black Friday activities
- Different stages of content migration to Box: Some complete migration to Box; some have migrated share drives and others are in planning phase
- Discussions included resourcing needs, permissions / folder structure design, migration vendors and general best practices
- Putting sensitive data in Box
- Discussions around this topic were around how to monitor, what vendors / tools attendees use and best practices
- Different stages of migration to and use cases for Office 365 and G Suite
- Discussions here were around how to differentiate Box and how others have trained their employees to use one product over another
- Attendee talked about how they created videos (with screencast) to show demonstrate different tools for different use cases as well as use case matrix
- Box as lite-weight DAM with metadata to tag assets for editorial / marketing teams
- Box User Group is getting rebranded to Box Local to better represent the spirit of these IT professional events
Attendees: This thread is your way of continuing the conversation from our in-person event!
Action 1: First and foremost, subscribe to the "San Francisco" label so you will receive updates about future Box Local events in San Francisco and recaps like this. You have to be logged into Box Community to see / select "Subscribe". See notification details here about managing your subscriptions.
Action 2: When posting comments below, we recommend you post your name and what company you are with. This way your peers and other attendees can @mention you on the community to ask you a question or have an online conversation here.
Please also post in the comments below if you:
- Have (a) question(s) about what we discussed on day-of
- Have another question you want to pose to your peers
- Have follow up material that you could share on what we talked about
- Have feedback on the May 3 event or recommendations for the next event
- ... and other thoughts!
Action 3: If you haven't already, look for the post-event email from "The Box Team" and complete the survey. This is how we can improve these in-person gatherings for you.
As we talked about during our event, Box Local will only work if you all contribute to it - if you share your experience with others and also ask questions to others! We are pointing all attendees to this post, so let the conversation continue! The power to keep this going is in your hands.
We are also starting to plan for our next Box Local event in the Bay Area. If you are interested in attending, speaking or hosting, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you soon!
Please sign in to leave a comment.