BoxNote file Json content change in (August release 2022) and whereabouts of Box Note API endpoints.
I want to ask here few straight questions :
1) After the release of Box Note (August 2022), the json format (with all content embedded in it) which i used to see previously after opening boxnote file is completely changed .
Why is that ? Should I assume there is a possibility the new json format and its structure right now will also be changed in near future?
2) I have observed that old box note files which were created before this release has not changed at all (still has same json formats) but when i create a new box note file, json format is very much different.
Why is that ? shouldn't all box note files must have same formats for the sake of compliancy.
3) Do you guys have any plans to support Box note files to download them in some accepted format such as pdf because if Box developers Change it's box note json format, it's very inconvenient and a waste of time to create methods which does this conversions.
Please help with these!
We currently don’t provide any APIs for Notes and have no plans to do this in the future.Based on the questions, I'm going to assume you are turning
- Yes, this is unavoidable and expected behavior. Notes in the New Editor are a new format. We don’t expect customers to directly interact with the Notes content other than via the Notes app.
- I believe this is the same answer as above.
- Nothing is on the roadmap at this time. You can add it to Box Pulse.
.boxnotefiles into PDFs somehow with your own conversion code? Can you explain your use case a bit more?
We want to convert box note files and extract attachments but there is no API call for implementing the same.
Please add this feature of exporting box note as pdf with comments as pdf, task pdf ,attachment of box note as attachment , boxnote metadata embodied in files.
If possible then when we fire API call to downloads then generate one zip which contains all above things ASAP.