Your app listing in the Box App Gallery is often the first place the Box sales team, Box customer success managers, Box users, and others search to find out about your application.
To create your listing:
- Login to the Box developer site “Manage a Box Application“ page with the Box user credentials associated with your integration’s API key
- If you don’t know the user credentials associated, email email@example.com to have your email added to the account
- If you need to create the application, follow these steps here.
- Click on “My Applications” in the top right corner and select “Edit Application” for the app you wish to publish (each app is associated with a specific API key)
- To complete the listing form you will need:
- Logo image (ideally 100x100 pixels)
- 3 screenshots of your integration/application in action (these will be resized to 640x480, jpg and gif only)
- A detailed description of your app, with the final paragraph describing how to use the Box integration (should be at least 3 paragraphs)
- A short and detailed description of your application. The short description is limited to 80 characters
- A direct link to the application in “Website URL” (or iTunes / Google Play listing if mobile app)
- To create links within the text of your listing, use this following syntax: "[url text]" (e.g., [http://www.cnn.com Click here for CNN]).
To publish your listing:
Select the “Yes (submit for Box approval)” radio button about halfway down the page. Once selected, notify the partner team so they can review and publish the application publicly.
- Here is an example of what your listing will look like.
The App Gallery search index queries your application name and long description, so be sure to include any keywords that users generally search when looking for your company and/or product. You might also consider tagging your application with relevant categories to help optimize search results, such as:
- Platforms: Android Phone, Android Tablet, Blackberry, Desktop, iPad, iPhone, Mac, Mobile, Printing, Web, webOS, Widgets, Windows
- Functions: Annotation, Collaboration, Content Management, CRM, Editing, Faxing, Previewing, Printing, Project Management, Scanning Security