In your Box account, you can organize your files in folders just as you would on your computer.
To create a new file or folder:
- Click the New button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Choose what you would like to create. You can create a new Folder, Bookmark (to any URL), Box Note, Microsoft Office file, or Google document. The options shown here may differ based on the settings you or your account admin have enabled.
- A pop-up window will appear prompting you to enter the name of your new file or folder. If you are creating a new folder, you'll also be prompted to invite 'collaborators' to the folder. If you do not invite any collaborators, the folder will remain private.
- Click 'Okay' to complete the process.
- Note: Folder paths have a limit of 255 characters so keep folder and files names as concise as possible to avoid running up against this limit.