The following article addresses some frequently asked questions about the Box for Salesforce integration.
- What type of Salesforce license does Box for Salesforce support?
- Does the Box interface support custom Salesforce objects?
- If a user renames an opportunity folder on Box, what happens to Salesforce record?
- What happens when a lead is converted to an opportunity?
- Does Box for Salesforce support seamless logins?
- How does Box for Salesforce work on mobile devices?
- What restrictions can an Admin place around Salesforce content in Box?
- Are Salesforce communities supported?
- How can I customize the Box for Salesforce integration?
- How do I uninstall Box for Salesforce?
What type of Salesforce license does Box for Salesforce support?
Box for Salesforce supports all licenses with the Salesforce Admin or Standard (All License) permission set.
Does the Box interface support custom Salesforce objects?
Yes, for custom objects you can build your own Visual Force pages. See Installing and Configuring Box for Salesforce for instructions.
If a user renames a record folder on Box, does the name of the Salesforce record change? Conversely, if a user renames the Salesforce record, does the name of the record folder on Box change?
No. Renaming either the SFDC record or the Box folder does not change the record/folder name on the other platform.
What happens when a lead is converted to an opportunity?
See the Convert Lead Folder section of Installing and Configuring Box for Salesforce.
Does Box for Salesforce support seamless logins?
See the Enabling Seamless Login section of Installing and Configuring Box for Salesforce.
How does Box for Salesforce work on mobile devices?
See the Enabling Salesforce (Mobile) section of Installing and Configuring Box for Salesforce.
What restrictions can an admin place around Salesforce content in Box?
The user's Box permissions are determined by permissions in Salesforce:
- Read/Edit access on Salesforce translates to an Editor role in Box.
- Read-only access on Salesforce translates to a Viewer role in Box.
The Box for Salesforce integration ensures all permissions are in sync.
When users create a Box folder for a Salesforce record, they are added as collaborators and, therefore, only have access to this specific subfolder. A user can see the folder path that leads to the record-specific folder without seeing any other content within those folders along the way.
More information: What are the different permission levels for collaborators?
Are Salesforce communities supported?
The Box for Salesforce Managed Package currently does not support Salesforce communities out of the box. However, customers can always customize their managed package.
How can I customize the Box for Salesforce integration?
You can get a Box Salesforce Developer Toolkit that enables you to further customize the behavior of the Box for Salesforce integration programmatically. The Toolkit consists of several global APEX methods you can use to trigger and extend the default behavior: Box For Salesforce: Developer Toolkit.
There is also a Box SDK for this integration.
How do I uninstall Box for Salesforce?
- First and foremost, to preserve any of the FRUP data, export it from your Salesforce instance. That data gets deleted when the package is deleted.
- Remove any Box pages added to page layouts.
- Remove any Developer Toolkit customizations in your apex code.
- Remove any references to the objects included in the Box for Salesforce packages in your Apex code.
- Uninstalling the appexchange app does not delete data in your Box account. However, any associations between records/folders/users are removed.
- From Setup -> Build -> Installed Packages, click Uninstall on Box for Salesforce.
- Installing and Configuring Box for Salesforce
- Box for Salesforce Listing on the Salesforce AppExchange
- Box for Salesforce Listing on the Box Apps Marketplace
We look forward to receiving feedback about the installation process and the integration through the Salesforce AppExchange.