By default, Relay is enabled only for your Box admins and co-admins and disabled for everyone else. As an admin or co-admin, you can in turn:
- Enable Relay for everyone in your organization.
- Enable Relay only for individuals you designate (that is, creating an Allow List).
- Enable Relay for everyone except individuals you designate (that is, creating a Deny List).
People you enable can create workflows on any folder they own, co-own, or edit.
To enable Box Relay for your managed users:
- From your admin console, go to Enterprise Settings > Content and Sharing tab.
- Scroll down to the Relay section.
- Click Configure. The Configure Relay box displays.
- Click the option you want.
- If you enable Relay for select users, or for everyone except select users, type in the user names or email addresses of the individuals you wish to single out.
- You can enter up to 100 user names or email addresses. More than that, and you must enable or disable Relay for your entire organization.
- Click Save to return to the Relay section.
- Choose whether to allow folder editors to define and launch workflows. To do this, in the Relay Settings section, click either Owners/co-owners or Owners/co-owners and editors. Then click Save.
- If you change the setting to the more restrictive configuration (Owners/co-owners), Box displays a reminder that any existing active workflows created by an editor continue to run as expected and continue to display in the All Workflows page. If you want to deactivate them, you can do so in your Relay Admin Console view.
- Whether by default folder editors can create workflows depends on when you licensed Relay. Review the setting to verify it's what you want
For the people you enable in Step 4 above, a link to Relay displays in the lefthand navigation of their Box Web app home page.
- You can enable Relay only for individual Box Managed User accounts. You cannot enable Relay for external users, or for user groups.
- Also, even if you disable Relay for all managed users in your enterprise, admins and automations co-admins still have Relay -- that is, regardless of this setting, admins and automations co-admins always have Relay.
- To make File Request available as a workflow trigger option, verify File Request is accessible in your organization.
- If an individual who has created workflows leaves the organization, you can transfer their workflows and their content to someone else. To do this, from your Admin Console, navigate to Users and Groups, select the user you want to delete, and then go to the User Account Details section to delete the user and transfer their content and workflows.