To ensure the best possible experience with our Box for Salesforce integration, we strongly recommend always upgrading to the most recent available version. As of July 2019, we are ending product support for all versions of Box for Salesforce that are older than the most recent available version.
Based on your current installed version, please follow the upgrade instructions below:
- If you are on versions V3.47.4 and above, download the latest available version to upgrade.
- If you are on versions V3.0 to V3.47.3, first do an incremental upgrade to V3.47.4. After you complete that incremental upgrade, you can then upgrade to the latest available version.
- If you are a version below V3.0, please file a ticket with Box Product Support for upgrade instructions.
Special Handling for Custom Objects
Are you upgrading from versions V3.49.16 or below and have you implemented custom code to support Box in custom objects? If both are true, you must update that custom code to support new UI functionality when you upgrade to the latest available version. Without these custom code updates, the Box Embed Widget displays as very condensed on screen, preventing you from accessing any functionality on custom objects.
The below screencasts demonstrate going through these instructions for either Salesforce Lightning or Salesforce Classic.
- Embedding Box Custom Object Records using Visual Force pages:
- Salesforce Lightning: https://app.box.com/s/r6xx8wsvsxqd6npy5v0fq8jc05azrttr
- Salesforce Classic: https://app.box.com/s/1msllhhjflbae9b98jg8nchv17cjeak1