Box for Salesforce is the easiest and quickest way to combine your Box enterprise content with your Salesforce data. Right from within the Salesforce interface, you can share, access, and manage all the content you have stored in Box.
- Access Box directly from within the Salesforce interface.
- Use Box's robust collaboration capabilities
- Take advantage of Box integrations with other best-of-breed apps.
- Store files in Box folders tied to specific Salesforce records, and share those files with anyone who has the permission to access them.
The Box for Salesforce integration consists of:
- Box Files tab: A tab in Salesforce that gives you access to your All Files and Folders page.
- Box Settings tab. A tab in Salesforce that enables you to configure Box for Salesforce, including identifying a root folder, syncing Box and Salesforce permissions, enabling seamless login, and more.
- Box Federated Search: Functionality added to the Salesforce global search field to allow you to search for files in Box. (This requires an additional configuration procedure beyond what is in Installing Box For Salesforce. You must also configure Salesforce to search for Box content by defining Box as an external data source in Salesforce.)
- Record-Specific Box Widgets: Embedded Box folder widgets on standard or custom records in Salesforce.
- Visualforce pages for standard objects (accounts, cases, opportunities, contacts, leads)
- Mobile App: Access to record-specific folders from within the Salesforce mobile app (formerly known as Salesforce1).
- Box UI Elements: The Content Uploader, Content Preview, Content Explorer, and Content Picker Box UI elements are available to developers as lightning components for all integration-supported clouds.
Note Only people with both a Box account and a Salesforce account can access the integration. When you log into Box for Salesforce for the first time, your Box account and your Salesforce account are linked.
The Box for Salesforce integration is available at no extra charge for joint Box Enterprise/Salesforce customers. To get the integration, contact your Box Customer Success Manager or visit http://www.box.com/services/salesforce.