Validate your expertise in optimizing Box with our Box Certified Professional certification exam.
Box Certification Program Overview
The Box Certification Online Program is a certification program designed to help Box customers validate their ability to deploy and manage Box products and features through Box certification exams. Box certification exams are offered online via Box University and are designed to validate your expertise in the defined domain.
Box Certified Professional (BCP) exam
The Box Certified Professional exam is a certification exam designed to validate competency in building collaborative, integrated, user-centric and secure digital workplaces.
A Box Certified Professional will have proven their competency in the following objectives:
Implement best practices in your Admin Console
- Navigating the admin console to manage devices, content and users
- Best practices around SSO, native Box applications and user provisioning
- Basic use cases and best practices around implementing Box Governance
Optimize your business processes
- Identifying opportunities for optimization throughout an organization
- Differentiating between a business outcome and use case
- Identifying and engaging stakeholders to validate a business optimization opportunity
- Identifying business outcomes and the value of a proposed optimization plan
- Creating an executive summary
Transform your business processes
- Gaining insight on business cases and translating business processes into Box
- Designing and implementing folder structures that can meet business and compliance requirements by reviewing best practices in specific case studies
- Strategies to maintain the sustainability of the optimization
- Iterating on processes in order to gain information needed for optimizing Box
Manage change for end users
- Defining and identifying a value proposition for Box, including folder structure design, increasing user adoption, and improving user experience
- Strategies to create a change management plan
- Conducting a current-state assessment of Box deployments
- Identifying areas to increase sophistication/adoption of Box
Integrate your technology ecosystem
- Discussing the Box API and partnership ecosystem, and how to create a consistent content experience across an organization
- Identifying common best of breed integrations
- Best practices for using native applications and 3rd party integrations
- The value of SSO for user management
- Understanding how Box fits into a larger content management strategy
Earning the Box Certified Professional credential identifies you as a Box expert and is awarded by passing the BCP exam. This official credential validates that you’ve met a defined benchmark of knowledge regarding Box optimization. Additionally, it highlights your expertise in guiding decision-making regarding Box administration and its expansive role within your technology ecosystem, including expertise in planning effective communication and training for end users to best leverage their digital tools.
Understanding the basics of administering Box is key to your success with Box and the BCP exam. Experienced Box admins may be good to go – but if you’re new to Box or want a refresh on Box best practices, we highly recommend that you complete the Box Admin Essentials course as well as the Optimizing with Box course. Admin Essentials is available as a live online or self-paced course.