Through this series of courses, you'll develop solutions to common challenges, explore the nuances of empowering your users to work digitally, and understand how technology and design come together to create a business ecosystem that meets the needs and objectives of a modern business. Optimizing with Box is a cornerstone course that is also designed to help prepare you for the Box Certified Professional certification exam.
Our online curriculum allows you to create a learning journey that suits your unique needs. With self-paced coursework, case study practicums, and recorded podcasts, Optimizing with Box gives you more control over your schedule, allowing you to complete the training in the timeframe that works for you.
Optimizing with Box bundles multiple self-paced learning experiences, learning lab podcasts, and case study practicums:
- Self-Paced Learning Experience
- This interactive and immersive course will introduce you to best practices around deploying and optimizing digital technologies, then guide you through leveraging those best practices to excel with Box. Throughout the experience, you’ll have opportunities to check for topic understanding. You’re able to revisit each lesson as many times as needed to reinforce the concepts and review settings, templates, resources, and demos.
We highly recommend that you follow the completion of each self-paced lesson with the corresponding recorded learning lab podcast.
- Learning Lab Podcasts
- To augment your self-paced learning, you also have access to recorded learning lab podcasts, where you’ll walk through a case study and apply the concepts covered in the self-paced course.
- Hosted by a Box Education specialist and supported by relevant Box experts, these sessions are great opportunities to review concepts like effective enterprise settings, business process identification and mapping, folder structure design to support business processes, and change management and communications.
Finally, put your knowledge to the test with the case study practicums.
- Case Study Practicums
- Using real case studies, these lessons offer you an opportunity to dive deeper into the concepts taught in the Optimizing with Box self paced courses and apply your knowledge around business process optimization, building a folder structure around a process, and communicating change to your end users.
Understanding the basics of administering Box is key to your success with Box and Optimizing with Box. Experienced Box admins may be good to go – but if you’re new to Box or want a refresh on Box best practices, we highly recommend that you complete the Box Admin Essentials course prior to beginning the course. Admin Essentials is available as a live online or self-paced course.
The additional information below is intended to help inform you more deeply on what to expect from Optimizing with Box, including an overview of key concepts covered throughout the course, and a sample agenda, built to help guide your self-paced experience with the course.
Optimizing with Box learning objectives
Implement best practices in your Admin Console
- Navigating the Admin Console to manage devices, content and users
- Best practices around SSO, native Box applications and user provisioning
- Basic use cases and best practices around implementing Box Governance
Optimize your business processes
- Identifying opportunities for optimization throughout an organization
- Differentiating between a business outcome and use case
- Identifying and engaging stakeholders to validate a business optimization opportunity
- Identifying business outcomes and the value of a proposed optimization plan
- Creating an executive summary
Transform your business processes
- Gaining insight on business cases and translating business processes into Box
- Designing and implementing folder structures that can meet business and compliance requirements by reviewing best practices in specific case studies
- Strategies to maintain the sustainability of the optimization
- Iterating on processes in order to gain information needed for optimizing Box
Manage change for end users
- Defining and identifying a value proposition for Box, including folder structure design, increasing user adoption, and improving user experience
- Strategies to create a change management plan
- Conducting a current-state assessment of Box deployments
- Identifying areas to increase sophistication/adoption of Box
Integrate your technology ecosystem
- Discussing the Box API and partnership ecosystem, and how to create a consistent content experience across an organization
- Identifying common best of breed integrations
- Best practices for using native applications and 3rd party integrations
- The value of SSO for user management
- Understanding how Box fits into a larger content management strategy
Sample Agenda: Optimizing with Box
- View Optimizing with Box
- Complete Admin Essentials if you’re new to Box or need a refresher
- Complete the self-paced course.
- Option 1: Complete the series of courses before listening to the recording learning lab podcasts.
- Option 2: Listen to the recorded learning lab podcast after completing each corresponding course.
- Complete the case study practicums