Can't Share Folders Error Message
Attempting to share folders but get this message:
What steps are required to get access??
Welcome to the Box Community, I'm happy to help!This error typically is caused by one of 3 things:
Here's what you can do:
- Incorrect sharing permissions on the shared file. In other words, whoever created the link did not set the correct access level on the link. If you are not already a collaborator in the folder (or file) the link points to, the link would need to be set to "people in the company" (if that person is also at your company) or "people with the link" (if that person is not part of your company).
- The person who created the shared link has since removed it.
- You are attempting to access the shared file with a personal Box account instead of the account with which the file was shared.
- Verify you are logging into Box with the account to which the file was shared. Typically this will be your company Box account.
- If that doesn't resolve the issue, contact the individual who owns the file. Ask them to either to review and revise the file share permissions or to send you the correct link to the file.
Thanks for reaching out and if you have any questions, please let us know and we will help you!