Downloading Box for EMM
To download Box for EMM, contact your administrator. Don’t download the application from the app store.
The above applies if your enterprise uses MDM (Mobile Device Management) only. If your company doesn’t use MDM, you can download the standard Box app (Box for mobile) from your app store.
Once Box for EMM is installed on your device, by default you can search for it in the app store to update. However, your admin may have disabled the manual update option. If that is so, contact your admin for updates.
Box for EMM does not support push notifications on iOS.
On Android you can configure push notifications yourself.
The Box app can send notifications to you when someone:
- invites you to collaborate on an item, and you have enabled auto-acceptance of collaborations,
- comments on a file you own,
- comments on a file you previously commented on,
- @-mentions you on a file,
- edits a file that is highly relevant to you, where Box determines relevance based on your history of accessing the file.