Admins of Business Plus and Enterprise level accounts can now control how their users access Box by using device pinning. Device pinning enables enterprise admins to pin a user's corporate-managed Box account to a particular mobile device, tablet, or desktop application (such as Box Sync).
Admins also have access to a dashboard in the admin console for managing the following:
- Enable/disable device pinning
- Set the number of devices the Box application can be pinned to
- View all devices associated with each managed user’s account
- View all devices across managed users
- Disassociate a device from a user (this will log the user out)
To pin a user's device:
- Open your Admin Console.
- In the lefthand navigation, click Enterprise Settings.
- Toward the top of the page, click Device Trust.
- Check Enable Device Pinning.
When device pinning is enabled for a business, admins can set a limit on the number of devices that a managed user can pin the Box app to. Once an application has been pinned to certain device, the admin is the only person who can remove that pin.
For additional information on device pinning please click here: