If the Web App & 3rd Party Apps option is selected, mobile devices can't access the Box Web App. Also, for computers you must have Box Tools installed for the Web App to perform the necessary Device Trust security checks.
Select the scope of your restrictions. You can choose to require your users to meet both Device Ownership Requirements and Device Security Requirements, or allow them to access Box if they only meet one or the other requirements set.
For Device Ownership requirement, you can decide to require both the Domain membership and the Certificate Presence or either one of them
Next, select the specific checks you want to enforce for each device/operating system. Below is information about each available verification
macOS and Windows
- Root Detection: requires that the device not be rooted
- Minimum OS: requires that a minimum version of Android be installed on the device
- Supported minimum versions: 5.0 (Lollipop), 5.1, 6.0 (Marshmallow), 7.0 (Nougat), 7.1
Additional Platform Restrictions
Before enforcing your Device Trust requirements you can test your configuration without risk of impacting your users by enabling the audit-only mode. This setting could also be used to monitor access on your Box instance.
This setting will allow login even if users fail to meet your requirements (fail-open).
To monitor devices access:
- Reports can be generated in Admin Console > Reports > User Activity (select the Failed Device Trust Check under Login)
- Logs are available in Box Events Stream