Check out common questions asked about Box for iOS below.
How do I reset my passcode?
Box for iOS gives you the option to set a passcode to your Box account from within the Box App. This is an added level of security on top of your regular username and password.
If you forget your passcode, you can reset it at any point.
- When prompted to enter your passcode, select "log out".
- After logging in with your normal credentials, you can go right to your settings and reset the passcode.
I can log into Box.com, but not the Box app.
If you are having issues logging on to the Box App, try checking the following items:
- Make sure you are logging into the appropriate login field
- If you have SSO enabled for your account, make sure you are selecting “Use Company Credentials”
- Check with your admin to make sure they are not restricting the app you are trying to access or the number of devices you can access Box from
If you are still unable to log into the app, try to reset your password at Box.com/reset.
What files types can be previewed in Box for iOS?
Box for iOS leverages both Apple and Box's preview technology for viewing files.
It currently supports the same
Can I use Box Sync on my mobile device?
No, you cannot sync files to your mobile device. Because mobile operating systems like iOS don't reveal the file system to the end user, we've focused on integrating with your existing applications.
Instead of syncing files/folders, we are working with app developers so that you can sync the content of your favorite apps directly to Box. Apps with direct integrations - like GoodReader and DocsToGo - allow you connect directly to your Box account and manage your files from within the app.
Why aren't my files previewing?
Box for iOS currently leverages both Apple and Box's preview technology for viewing files. There are some limitations in how it displays some files which may cause inconsistencies between what you see on Box.com and our iOS app. Often times we see this with heavily formatted spreadsheets or PDF annotations and password protected Office files.
If you are having trouble previewing a file, try opening it in one of our partner apps like CloudOn or GoodReader. These apps have their own previewers and have built-in Box integration.