When attempting to download a file on Box for Android, you receive the message:
- Feature disabled. Your administrator requires your device to be encrypted and have a pass code for this feature to be available
The download does not complete.
Box for Android
To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:
- Swipe down to access your device notifications.
- Access your device settings by tapping on the gear in top right corner.
- Click on Lock screen and security
- Click on Screen lock type
- Enter pin, swipe, password, etc...
- Choose a pin or password and enter it.
- Confirm pin/password by entering it again.
- Choose Secure startup
- Choose Require PIN when device turns on and click OK
- Enter chosen pin/password
- Attempt to download the file again.
This issue occurs due to your Box Administrator enabling the setting Save to device only if encrypted (Android only). This setting is found in the Admin Console > Enterprise Settings > Mobile section.