What is the Box Certified Professional?
The Box Certified Professional (BCP) is the credential earned after passing the Box Certified Professional exam. The credential is designed to validate IT professionals' expertise around how to build the most collaborative, integrated, user-centric and secure digital workplace by optimizing with Box.
Why become a Box Certified Professional?
As a Box Certified Professional, you will:
- Develop key expertise: Gain in-depth knowledge of the Box platform along with best practices for optimizing security and usability
- Maximize your investment: Learn proven strategies to drive successful deployment and user adoption
- Stay on the cutting edge: Gain access to our global network
of experienced Box administrators and stay current with
What is Optimizing with Box?
Optimizing with Box is a self-paced training curriculum designed to help IT professionals build the most collaborative, integrated, user-centric and secure digital workplace. Using real case studies, you'll learn to develop solutions to common challenges, explore the nuances of empowering your users to use Box effectively, and review your technology and design choices to ensure your business' ecosystem reflects its needs and objectives. This is a great training course for all Box admins and is designed to help prepare you for the Box Certified Professional exam.
What topics does Optimizing with Box cover?
Through real case studies, you will learn to develop solutions to common challenges, explore the nuances of empowering your users to use Box effectively, and review your technology choices to ensure your business' ecosystem reflects its needs and objectives. The topics include:
- Business processes: understand how to identify and build use cases and business outcomes, process maps, and folder structure design for enterprise content management.
- Admin best practices: Monitor and control access to business content and manage the provisioning of user accounts
- Integrations ecosystems: Enhance key processes and use cases by understanding the Box platform and how Box can serve as the content layer by integrating with external applications and internal tools
- Managing change for your end users: Understand and drive user adoption and discover proven solutions for implementing end user changes within your organization
What do I get after passing the exam?
- Official use of the Box Certified Professional digital badge to display on LinkedIn
- Ability to update your resume/email signature with the title
- Access to an online community of Box Certified Professionals
- More to come as the program grows!
Are there any terms or policies I should be aware of?
Optimizing with Box Course
What can I expect during Optimizing with Box?
Our online curriculum allows you to create a learning journey that suits your unique needs. With self-paced coursework, case study practicums, and recorded podcasts, Optimizing with Box gives you more control over your schedule, allowing you to complete the training in the timeframe that works for you.
Optimizing with Box bundles multiple self-paced learning experiences, learning lab podcasts, and case study practicums:
- Self-Paced Learning Experience
- This interactive and immersive course will introduce you to best practices around deploying and optimizing digital technologies, then guide you through leveraging those best practices to excel with Box. Throughout the experience, you’ll have opportunities to check for topic understanding. You’re able to revisit each lesson as many times as needed to reinforce the concepts and review settings, templates, resources, and demos.
We highly recommend that you follow the completion of each self-paced lesson with the corresponding recorded learning lab podcast.
- Learning Lab Podcasts
- To augment your self-paced learning, you also have access to recorded learning lab podcasts, where you’ll walk through a case study and apply the concepts covered in the self-paced course.
- Hosted by a Box Education specialist and supported by relevant Box experts, these sessions are great opportunities to review concepts like effective enterprise settings, business process identification and mapping, folder structure design to support business processes, and change management and communications.
Finally, put your knowledge to the test with the case study practicums.
Case Study Practicums
- Using real case studies, these lessons offer you an opportunity to dive deeper into the concepts taught in the Optimizing with Box self paced courses and apply your knowledge around business process optimization, building a folder structure around a process, and communicating change to your end users.
What is the exam format?
The exam is an online, multiple choice exam, consisting of 60 questions. You will have 90 minutes to complete the exam. The exam is open-book as you’re able to reference any provided resources received during the Optimizing with Box course while taking the exam.
Where is the exam offered?
The exam is offered online through Box University.
How do I prepare for the exam?
It is recommended that you complete the online Admin Essentials course as well as the full Optimizing with Box curriculum. It is also recommended that you spend time working hands-on within Box to prepare for the Box Certified Professional exam.
How is the exam scored?
Scoring is calculated by totaling up the number of correct answers and determining if this is above or below the established passing score for the exam. The current passing score is 75%.
What is the passing score?
The current passing score is 75%.
What happens if I fail the exam?
You will have the opportunity to retake the exam up to 4 times, until a passing score is achieved. If additional attempts are needed to pass the exam, you can contact the Box Certified Professional Team to request further access.
How much does a Box certification exam cost?
Box certification exams are $100
Do I have to pay to retake the exam?
No. Retakes are complementary if completed within 3 months after the purchase of the Box Certified Professional exam enrollment.
Are there any prerequisites or exam requirements?
How long do I have to complete the exam enrollment?
You will have 3 months after the day of enrollment in the Box Certified Professional exam.
Are there accommodations for candidates with disabilities?
Please contact us and we will work with you to offer any necessary accommodations.
What languages is the exam offered?
The BCP exam is available English and Japanese
What credential is awarded upon passing the exam?
You will receive the Box Certified Professional digital badge via Accredible approximately 7 - 10 days after passing the exam.
When will I receive my certification credentials?
You will receive an email from Accredible approximately 7 - 10 days after passing the exam.
Do I have to renew my certification?
No, your Box Certified Professional certification will not expire. However, it will become outdated as newer versions of the certification exam are made available. New certification versions may be available approximately every 18 - 24 months, or as updates to the software and/or curriculum warrant. We highly recommend you update your certification to achieve the most current version as outlined in upgrade recommendations that will be shared from time to time.
How can I share my accomplishments?
You can share your accomplishments via Linkedin by following these directions. You may also share your accomplishment by displaying your digital badge on your website, email signature, business cards, letterhead, etc.
How do I represent my achievement?
Once you’ve earned your certification, you may represent yourself as a Box Certified Professional. If an abbreviation is required, BCP may be used.