In this release we have included the following enhancements:
- For Macs, package file types (from applications such as iWork, Omnigraffle, etc.) will now become Problem Items when added to the Box Drive folder instead of being blocked. Users will also get a specific error notification indicating that package files are not supported.
- MacOS 10.15 Catalina support
We have also resolved the following bugs:
- Reduced high disk usage when rapidly opening cached files
- The Problem Items context menu ('Error Updating X items...') was left showing despite resolving all problem items
- Temporary folders were incorrectly being synced (created & deleted on Box) when working on .xlsx files causing users to get folder deletion email notifications. These folders will now correctly be ignored. Existing temporary folders that were incorrectly synced will be cleaned up when upgrading and users may get another deletion notification.
- Users were incorrectly getting network error notifications when attempting to open some files