Many organizations that use Box need to standardize all of their organization's content in Box, especially when their users are sharing content with Teams. If this is true for your organization, then you can choose one of the following options:
- Deploy a Box-only experience for ALL of your Microsoft users.
- Deploy a Box-only experience for SOME of your Microsoft users.
What is a Box-only experience in Teams?
Having a Box-only experience provides users a more seamless file management experience by uploading and sharing files directly from Box within your Teams channels and chats while removing SharePoint and OneDrive as default storage.
Now, you and your team can seamlessly manage your files across all of your applications and access them through Teams, Box web, Box drive, or any other Box connected application.
How do I enable a Box-only experience?
As an O365 Admin, you can use the below PowerShell script to establish a Box-only experience for all Teams users in your tenant.
- Follow these instructions from the Microsoft Docs sites on using PowerShell commands in Teams.
- Once complete, proceed by copying and pasting the following script to enable the Box-only experience.
- If needed, you can also disable the experience, or see the policy files for this enablement.
Set-CsTeamsFilesPolicy -Identity Global -NativeFileEntryPoints Enabled
Set-CsTeamsFilesPolicy -Identity Global -NativeFileEntryPoints Disabled